Monday, May 6, 2013

Full opposite

Holidays are supposed to rejuvenate and revitalize. Recharge your batteries so that you can get back to work better and refreshed. They are a break from the drudgery of every day life and they equip you to handle it better when you get back. They give you great stories to tell and write about. Maybe even a few adventures.

At least they're supposed to.

Then, why do I end up feeling even worse than before after I get back from a holiday? They're never long enough and the goodbyes just keep getting more difficult. You would think that the more you take, the better you end up feeling, but it seems to be working in reverse for me because all it shows me is that what I am coming back to just doesn't fit right anymore. It just ends up being a horrible jolt into a very depressing reality. Where the escape ends up being a trap in itself.

Holidays seem to end up messing me up even more than I was before I went on them.

Sigh.

Talk about fail.

No comments: