Thursday, February 7, 2013

What I wish I could say to you

You were the one that got away. The one I wish I had kissed the night you dropped me home. When you gave me a hug goodnight, and I could smell the perfume you were wearing, I wish I had leaned in and kissed your breath away, because that is exactly what I wanted to do. I knew you wanted it too, because I could see it in your eyes, but I was too scared to do it, so the moment passed and you left.

You are the one I wish I had never left behind, to chase something else, something I thought I wanted then.

I wish I had told you then how much you meant to me. I wish when you had reached across the table and held my hand that I had never let go.

You made me feel special, beautiful. You took me as I am with no complaints and loved me for the crazy, weird, always-thinking person that I am. You never made me feel like I wasn't good enough for you. You made me feel wanted when I felt completely alone; loved when I thought I didn't deserve it.

You will always be the one that I could have had if only I had given it more time and patience.

You will always be the one that got away.

3 comments:

Kavya said...

Scarily beautiful. Separating myself from the emotion for a moment, they feel like the opening lines to a very, very interesting book!!!

Ayesha said...

Why scarily beautiful? As in why scarily?

Or a short story :)

Ayesha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.