Monday, November 30, 2009

The perfect coffee 5

I think I might have spoken too soon. 10 rupee Viman Nagar coffee was good and set a benchmark which was shattered yesterday. Golden Lounge at M.G.Road is THE place to go for great coffee. The coffee costs 25 rupees so is easy on the pocket and on the tastebuds. It has the right mix of sweet, strong and milky. A double thumbs up from me. And the funny part of the whole thing is that this place is right down the road from Barista :) If only M.G. weren't so far away :| Perfect coffee, I have found you :D

I recommend never to drink the coffee or the hot chocolate from the stand just outside Adlabs. The coffee is watery and the hot chocolate stinks, literally and metaphorically.

The coffee from the Nescafe Coffee Corner at Dorabji's at M.G. Road again, is good. It's the usual Nescafe coffee. It costed 20 rupees and wasn't anything special.

So the old benchmark no longer exists and the new benchmark is set. This one is going to be hard to match up to.

Onward for more coffee :D

5 comments:

Mohan said...

A lot of coffee lovers might not agree with your idea of a perfect cup - milky, sweet?

Ayesha said...

It is the right blend of milky, sweet and strong. So it shouldn't have too much milk or too much sugar. I don't like black coffee :)

You should try the coffee from the places I've mentioned. Maybe then you'll understand what I'm talking about. :)

Kavya said...

If the Viman Nagr coffee is better than tht hotel-place we went to(forgot the name) and if MG Road has better coffee than Viman Nagar...WELL!!! I think i trust in your judgement...i dont like black coffee either (have never tried it actually)...and yeah, milky sweet strong in the right combo are my keywords too...
Way to go ayesha, am definitely going to chk this one out...

Akanksha Arya said...

I'd disagree.
Hira's coffee still stands the test. That coffee, though good was lighter than the need of any coffee addict (or maybe not in your case?)

Ayesha said...

@ Akanksha - where exactly can I find this Hira's coffee, so that I can decide for myself :)