Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This is one my freakiest poems. Don't know what I was thinking when I wrote it.

I stand alone

Against the rest of the world
No one with me
No one like me
Feelings of desolation
Depression
Disenchantment
Envelop me
Like a dark plague
Pulling me down
Trying to drown me
Dark thoughts swirl around me
Like dark mists
Like winds of a hurricane
I am struggling against the pull
Struggling against
The heavy, suffocating darkness
Which constricts my breathing
Swimming
Against the tide
Looking for a handhold
Something to hold onto
Looking for help
Someone to save me
Someone to pull me out
I am struggling for
A last breath
I need to hold on
I want to escape
Is it a losing battle?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a little desperate to be frank,it sounds like another three thousand poems on deviantart and elsewhere,needs a bang,a punch